Cinema for me is…
Natalia in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Rationally irrational, an adventurous couchpotato, socially unsocial, spontaneous planner, humorously serious.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best = my curiosity, worst = my curiosity.
3. Your dream job?
Being an old lady in an antic shop with thousand cats and a lot of dust.
4. What do you like most about your country?
The access to culture. The many museum, theatres and festivals. There is always something to visit, discover and to learn.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
My Grandmothers “Marillenknödel”.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Kuddlemuddle – a confused mess.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
I have my family and friends all over Europe, so it means family to me.
Connection, communication, possibilities.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Modern Times – Chaplin. Especially the scene where he dances and sings “tulatuilatua…”.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
The Metro Kino Kulturhaus in Vienna. An old theatre now cinema, with wood paneling and red velvet seats and red velvet curtains. Every nook and cranny of this cinema screams elegance, it simply transports you to another time.
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
Fred and Ginger in Top Hat (Mark Sandrich, 1935, US). The first reluctant Ginger starts dancing with the ever so charming Fred. He serenades her singing “Heaven, I’m in Heaven…” while they both glide elegantly through the fictional Venice landscape, defying gravity with every pirouette and jump. Flirtatiously they neck each other with every move they make.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Dreamed ones (Ruth Beckerman, 2016, AT)
Little Ottik (Jan Svankmajer, 2001, CZ)
The Square (Ruban Östlund, 2017, SE).
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Max Fischer from Rushmore (Wes Anderson, 1998, US).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
The soundtrack from Moon Indigo (Michel Gondry, 2013, FR) by Duke Ellington.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
The life aquatic with Steve Zissou (Wes Anderson, 2004, US) – I would love to live on the Bellafonte.
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Greta Gerwig or Kirsten Dunst.
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
To have any musical talent whatsoever.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My grandfather’s clock.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Achieving things that I had deemed too difficult for me.
23. What is your motto?
I am simply not a person that lives by mottos.