Cinema for me is…
Estonia – Podra Diana from Europa Cinemas on Vimeo.
Diana in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
I am worth to meet in person, you will see.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: mental strength is something that I am proud of and I am working on. When I really want something, it will happen sooner or later.
Worst habit: is to get totally frustrated while being hungry or sleepy.
3. Your dream job?
To be a producer and sponsor of talented people and bright ideas.
4. What do you like most about your country?
Wi-fi is on every corner, even in the forest, and the multifunctional ID card.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
My favorite dishes are the ones made by my mum and granny.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
1. Softly pronounced phrase “Mul on hea meel” from Estonian means “I am glad”.
2. The most confusing phrase “Не знаю, да нет наверно“ in Russian means at the same time “I don´t know“ and “Most probably not“ and the straight translation would be “I don´t know, yes no maybe“.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
Capital of Tuscany – Florence.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Experience exchange, work opportunities and easy travelling
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
I guess that love started to grow from the first cinematic experience. The films I could watch with an open mouth in my childhood were all the parts of Home Alone, Harry Potter and the Pirates of the Caribbean.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
I like our old film theatre Soprus whose name means Friendship from Estonian. It is a Soviet building located in the centre of Medieval Old Town. The films’ choice in it is as artistic as the place itself, so I go there for the atmosphere and special screenings.
12. Who is your movie hero?
The Godfather (F. F. Coppola, 1972, US), Don Corleone.
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
I love the scene from the film Whiplash (Damien Chazelle, 2014, US) which can be called as “Not quite my tempo”. There Neiman is trying to do his best playing on drums but the furious teacher is only screaming to his face “Were you rushing or were you dragging?” and humiliates him. It is about how strong is your will to become the greatest and what are you ready to sacrifice to reach your goal.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
In the Fade (Fatih Akin, 2017), DE
L´amant double (Francois Ozon, 2017), FR
Elle (Paul Verhoeven, 2016), FR.
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
This is the hardest question of all the times and after spending hours being puzzled, I did not find anyone similar to me. Fortunately, I think 🙂
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Yann Tiersen – Comptine d’un autre été.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulain (Jean-Pierre Jeunet, 2001, FR).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
I would love it to be played by the French actress Marine Vacth.
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Stopping the time without any consequences.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My hard drive 😉
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I climbed the volcano El Teide in five hours without special equipment, food, preparation and survived.
23. What is your motto?
“Do what you must and come what may”.