Cinema for me is…
Charlotte in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
I am an open & energetic person, I’m interested in new things.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Being spontaneous / Eating way too fast.
3. Your dream job?
Head of the Berlinale.
4. What do you like most about your country?
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Wanderlust, the wish to travel.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
Helsinki, a great city!
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
I could imagine living in a lot of European countries, maybe Portugal or France.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Free borders, security, and community.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
It’s less a single film and more the experience of taking another point of view for some time and being emotionally involved in a story.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Filmrauschpalast Moabit! I love the location and it has free open air screenings in summer 🙂
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
I really enjoy the work of Wong Kar-Wai.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
Two girls destroying a food banquet, having food fights and starting a fashion show on the table – Daisies (Vera Chytilova, 1966, CZ).
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Cléo de 5 à 7 (Agnès Varda, 1962, FR)
9 Leben hat die Katze (Ula Stöckl, 1968, DE)
Festen (Thomas Vinterberg, 1998, DK)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Tassilo from Beauty and The Beast (Bill Condon, 2017, US).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Soundtrack: Blue Velvet (David Lynch, 1986, US).
Song: impossible to choose, right now: Teenage Kicks from The Undertones
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Well The Truman show (Peter Weir, 1998, US) of course.
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
A photographic memory.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
The relationships with my family and friends.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Speaking 4 languages.
23. What is your motto?
I don’t really have one, I am just going with the flow.