Cinema for me is…
Aline in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Postmodern dreamer who can be quite frank, but sweet too.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: I’m funny
Worst habit: I smoke.
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
Our open borders.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Tomates crevettes, with North Sea shrimps.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Desalniettemin – nevertheless.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Equality, openness, diversity.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Notting Hill (Roger Michell, 1999, GB).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Gartenbaukino in Vienna, a remnant of a thrilling time in history.
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
After struggling with a dress that’s too tight and stiletto heels that she can’t walk on, Ines has a rather unorthodox way of dealing with her mental breakdown at her birthday party. When her boss rings her doorbell, she ingeniously explains the situation to him. “Es ist ein…eh…Nacktempfang.”
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Toni Erdmann (Maren Ade, 2016), DE
Visknigar och rop (Ingmar Bergman, 1972), SE
Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World (Werner Herzog, 2016), US.
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Bobo in Vi är bäst (Lukas Moodysson, 2013, SE).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
2001: A Space Odyssey’s soundtrack.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Lost in Translation (Sofia Coppola, 2003, US).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Hitchcock. And he would have to be perfect.
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
I would love to learn the art of rhetoric.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My teenage diaries.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Becoming an adult.
23. What is your motto?
Life is too complicated to have a motto.